Translate

Monday 26 October 2015

I did it!

I finally finished my Santa's 12 Days of Christmas!

Now, the earliest post I can find on my blog, Kitten Stitching, which features Santa's 12 Days of Christmas is on May 21, 2012 but I suspect that I started the SAL a few months before that - so this project has taken me over three and a half years to complete.  I must admit there were (quite) a few times where I lost interest, lost faith in my ability to finish but I overcame those times and here we are:















 I just need to decide now how to Finish each one - any suggestions?

Now, as I am pretty certain that I won't be tackling this project again in a hurry, I want to gift my lightly-used design booklets (three of them, with all twelve designs) to one of you lovely stitchers.

But, I am going to make you work for it!  Ha! Ha!

You have to decide which of the 12 days is my favourite - which may be hard as I do love them all but there is one which I particularly love!

So, please leave a comment with your guess either on this post or on the corresponding post on my blog, Kitten Stitching and on Monday, 9th November, I will draw a winner from the correct guesses.

Have a great day, everyone, 

hugs, Kaye

P.S. Love to Linda who started me on this journey.

14 comments:

Ariadne said...

Congrats for finishing this. Aren't they all lovely? I prefer the one with the puppet. Is it your favourite too?AriadnefromGreece!

Carol said...

What a wonderful accomplishment, Kaye!! I'm so glad you didn't give up on them--they are each so handsome... Hmmm...hard to pick my favorite, but I think Day 1 is mine--there is just something to classic about the partridge in the pear tree :) I would love to enter your drawing as this is one set of PS books that I don't own! Thanks for the chance...

Oh, and as far as finishing, I would probably do the same finish on each with some handmade cording surrounding little pillows that you could display in a bowl. But, that's just me--you know how I love my little pillows!!

Linda said...

Congrats on getting them all finished Kaye. Just for fun, I say #11 is yur favorite.

Linda

AnaCristina said...

wow! All are beautiful but I think your favourite is number 5!

Bette said...

I think it's the one with the fox. Congratulations on a wonderful finihs!

Shelly said...

Congrats on these great finishes! I like 7 and 10. Good luck to everyone! I have enough stash Kaye. I'll bow out of this contest!

twinpeakprimitives said...

I do congratulate you for such accomplishment! Very well done Kaye !!!!!

As per the Santas; all look indeed awesome and hard to choose any of them!

However, I am a doll collector; so number 9 is getting my eyes on :)))

Annie said...

Wow, what an achievement!!! Well done! What are your plans for them? My guess is number 10 since that is MY favorite:))

Brigitte said...

Wow, what a success! In the beginning it seems so easy to do all the twelve days but I can understand that with all the other things you want to stitch you soemtimes lose your motivation. But you found it again. Congratulations.

lynda said...

These look great! I can't wait to see your finishes. I think I will choose #6 as your fave. I'd love the chance for these charts! Thanks!

marina said...

Absolutely stunning work Kaye! My fav is # 6...... Hope is yours too!!
Hugs

Rita said...

Congratulations, Kaye. These are wonderful!! I have the books so don't enter me in the contest. (...and you're way ahead of me bc I haven't even stitched one of them.) Good luck to the entrants!

Finishing idea: I can see these made into a quilted wall hanging with sashing sewn in between the Santas. I was also thinking a fabric book but I like the quilt idea better bc you could see them all at once at a glance. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

sana said...

Wonderful work! Kaye.
I love these designs very much.

Stitching Noni said...

Well I think I missed out on the draw.... but my favourite is number 10.... there are no Santa's with cats so not sure which one was your favourite....can't wait to see the answer!
Well done getting them all finished - they look amazing!
Hugs xx