Translate

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Tall Oaks finish

Good morning, everyone! I finished this Prairie Schooler sampler a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to post it here! This is from the Band Samplers booklet (Book No. 40) and I call it "Tall Oaks," even though it has no formal name. Filled with all those great fall colors, it was the perfect piece to stitch this month...


Don't you love the little squirrels? I did make a couple of changes in the colors--the main being I changed the color of the acorns to DMC 3045. 


I still can't believe that October is half over... Soon, the little squirrels will be hiding their gathered acorns in preparation for a long winter!


Hope your day is going well so far! Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

As all other works of you; Tall Oaks looks fabulous too ♥ I just love it ♥♥♥

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Mary said...

Hey Carol, happy October! Much as I love all the Prairie Schooler stuff, it's always so much fun to see one of the samplers actually stitched. Love what you've done with Tall Oaks. What's up next?

Rita said...

Beautiful!

Brigitte said...

A gorgeous finish, Carol. I also loved stitching this lovely design. Prairie Schooler's squirrels are always very special.

marina said...

I quote Brigitte totally. Beautiful design and wonderful stitching.

Stitching Noni said...

Great finish :o)
Hugs xx